Tuesday, October 20, 2009

photo love for the digital age

So, I should probably be updating you on Korea right now but instead I offer the following.

I've gotten pretty into this blog lately, BAGnews Notes, which focuses on noteworthy images being passed around in the media. As someone who once wanted to be a photojournalist and who spends unusual amounts of time thinking about modes of political (and visual) communication, its pretty much the best thing ever. But its worth a look anyway, if only to see how much goes on in the images in your daily newspaper. assuming you still actually get the newspaper... nevermind, anyway.

I found this post especially interesting. The idea of a visible remainder, a way to show all those not served by the status quo, or rather, what you see once this meaning is attributed to the photo, is highly interesting to me.

But its one am on a school night. so i shouldn't even be online now. *sigh* night all!

No comments: