Wednesday, September 22, 2010

beverage WIN

I finally tried Burčák, and I am so glad that I did. Burčák, or young wine, is a czech specialty which one can only get for a few weeks a year. Here are 3 reasons why it is my new favorite drink*:

1. It's sweet and smooth, and could easily be mistaken for apple juice rather than wine.

2. I pretty much approve of any drink that is potentially combustible. I probably only tried it because I heard that if you try to bottle it, it can explode. Awesome.

3. I was hesitant to try it because they sell it out of a hut in the shady underground parking garage of the grocery store. Now, I find this amusing. Only in the CR can I wander into a covered parking lot and buy a plastic cup of wine for myself (alone and at 4pm) and have nobody think its weird but me.



*aside from coffee, of course, which will forever hold the #1 spot in my heart.

No comments: