Saturday, September 4, 2010

How I spent my summer vacation

so, I've been in the czech republic for about a week now. Its been great and much has happened that would be worthy of a blog post. I've been avoiding it, however, since theres still so much I have to say about Korea.

but then I figured, screw chronology. I can jump forward and back anytime I please. (Take that, 4th dimension! *shakes fist in air*) So, we now return to your irregularly scheduled program.

I had about 2 weeks between Korea and the CR, during which time I was able to go home to the good ol US of A. What did I do there, you ask? well....

To begin with, I brought my parents couple tshirts from Korea. Which may be the best idea I've ever had. These pictures are still making me giggle.

Then we took a nice little family road trip (mikey and all) to maine so I could snag a little beach time.

Then, becuase I miss Korea way more than I thought I would (and because korean food is AWESOME), I dragged my father to the korean grocery store in northampton, ma for some emergency supplies.
Did I make not-all-that-great-nnangmyun and surprsingly decent kimchi jjigae for my parents? Did I regale them with tales of peppero day and seaweed anjou? did I top it all off with my ghetto, homemade version of pak bing su? hell yes i did.

I also did some laundry, unpacked, repacked, chowed down on chex mix and american cereal, then headed for new york to check up on my old stomping grounds and see the friends of mine still holding it down there.

Now I'm in Frydek-Mistek, and part 2 of my international adventure begins. Wish me luck!

No comments: