Tuesday, February 5, 2008

email to community board 1

Hello,

I am a junior at NYU. My concentration is in documentary film and politics. I am currently doing research for a film I hope to make on local government and community engagement. I want to explore how crucial such things were to American history (Tocqueville described local engagement as our defining trait), why such engagement is disappearing, and of course, I hope to look at people like yourselves, who still make time for this important task.

I was hoping that you might be able to put me in touch with some people that I might talk to about these things. At this stage, I am still trying to understand fully the work of the community board-- what are its major goals, issues, obstacles?-- and also the individual personalities which make up each board.

Any and all help would be deeply appreciated.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments or concerns.


Hopefully I hear back from them...

No comments: