Monday, March 22, 2010

dispatches from february


Febraury, as everyone knows, is the perfect month to leave your office, apartment and winter clothes behind for some fun and adventure in southeast asia. I finally got my pictures back (note: it took me forever to take them in, the lab got them back to me right quick.) and i figured I'd put them up a city at a time. Possibly with some of my haphazard notes and random observations from the trip which could more or less pass for a travel journal.

First up is Hue.

Hue, the ancient capital of Vietnam (back in the days when Hanoi was just "that town in the bend of the river"), is an amazing and mercifully under-visited place. Paul and I spent an afternoon exploring the place and, though I thought I'd had my fill of ancient capitals, were quite glad we did.





after the packs of tourists at Angkor and the sheer density of people and vehicles in Saigon, Hue was a welcome change of pace.



they are also really, really fond of dragons.
not that i blame them, dragons are awesome.


More dispatches to follow. In the meantime, be well and happy travels!

No comments: