Sunday, October 31, 2010

cross-cultural craziness

There are times when I think I need to stop watching K-dramas, stop eating ramyeon, stop listening to k-pop and just hurry up with the czech already.

and then something like this happens....


Yes, that man is speaking czech, while pointing at the hangul on his crotch/apron. Love it!

I found this gem outside of the Korean restaurant in Ostrava (which, in my defense, John suggested we go to. I've been eating lots of cabbage, dumplings and fried cheese like a good central european visitor. And enjoying it all, too. Although I did skip the pig hearts at the cafeteria on Thursday. I've got my limits.)

Basically, my process of de-Koreanization is going to proceed much more slowly than I thought. And I am endlessly amused by the co-existence of Korean and Czech here in Silesia.


Oh Eastern Czech Republic! You will never cease to amaze me. Thanks for letting me have it all.



(Seriously, I do! I had bokumbap and padjeon at this place. In OSTRAVA. but with real beer. my life is awesome.)

No comments: