Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I once got to see Slavoj Zizek speak, and he mentioned how he liked to read disparate news articles side by side. He found the contrasts revealing, I think. Anyway, whether its his influence or just ADD, I find myself doing this often enough.

Today I read two articles in quick succession. One seemed to justify every cynical feeling I've had about the american political landscape of late. the other reminded me that there is still hope, that human beings haven't totally forgotten how to care for one another. (thank goodness I read that one second, eh?) Both touch on topics of diversity, political action and the power of collective action/inacction. Both came from Good, whose website I enoy for the sleek layout as well as the content. Links below.

1. California City Councilwoman called for muslim americans to be killed
2. Feel Good Story: Muslims Show Solidarity as Human Shields

No comments: